Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mech-Jelly

My first offical blog post is based off the test postings we did in class. I posted a image of  jellyfish, and I remember seeing something about a Mechanical Jellyfish (video)...I found the article (here).



The article talks about a German company that specializes in industrial automation. The mechanical jellyfish they built was actually very simple, both in design & use of technology. The jellyfish is nothing more than a helium filled balloon with a small electric motor that connects to the eight tentacles. It even weighs less than two pounds!
Overall I liked reading the article, and learning more about the jellyfish. I really liked how simple it was, even though it can be used for many things from studying jellyfish to just looking at it move in the air~.

 
 
(I have provided both the article & a video of the mechanical jellyfish. Let me know what you think!)
-Jessica





4 comments:

  1. That's a very cool concept. i can see this technology taking off for surveillance purposes.
    very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that a Jellyfish could be so entertaining and electronical at the same time i find it quite awsome that you can have an eltronical jelly fish

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool, I never thought I would find jellyfishes so interesting. Technology is getting more interesting every second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in agreement with Kevin, I bet this awesome concept goes a long way in surveillance.
    Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete